About Italy - Visiting Florence
- HOW LONG ARE TRAIN RIDES BETWEEN MAJOR ITALIAN CITIES?
- If travelling on the fast Eurostar trains, you should plan on the following approximate travelling times:
Rome / Florence: 1hr 35mins;
- Milan / Florence: 2hrs 45mins;
- Venice / Florence: 2hrs 45mins;
- Milan / Rome: 4hrs 30mins;
- Milan / Venice: 2hrs 45mins;
- Rome / Naples: 2hrs.
- Don't forget that Eurostar and High Speed trains are a bit more expensive than other trains (IC, Regional) and require seat reservations..
- HOW DO I GO ABOUT FINDING TRAIN SCHEDULES AND MAKING TRAIN RESERVATIONS ?
- The best way is to log on www.trenitalia.com, where you are able to find all schedules and also make ticket reservations by credit card.
- ARE TRAIN RESERVATIONS COMPULSORY IN ITALY ?
- In practice they are, as most tourists travel on the Eurostar and High Speed trains, which require seat reservations - that is mainly for travelling between Rome / Florence / Venice / Milan / Naples.
- Local trips (i.e. Pisa or Lucca from Florence), on the other hand, do not require train reservations.